Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Challenges In Timing

This morning I had every intention of getting up early to exercise before my 11am appointment.  Instead, I opted for some quality time with my husband and getting to the office early so I could make some phone calls.  GOOD THING!  Turns out I should have checked my schedule because I got a call at 10:10 from a client asking where I was for our 10am appointment.  DOH!  I managed to shift my appointments and fit everyone in, but it did throw me off my game a little bit.  So, for once, the decision to not exercise worked in my favor.  

I did bring my gym bag with me and had every intention of going to the gym on the way home.  Given the yucky weather, I opted to workout at home.  I knew there was a slight risk that I would walk through the door and succumb to the lure of the couch.  To combat this, I told my husband that I wasn't really at home but was actually at the gym and that he didn't see me.  I had thought about just going straight to the basement and changing down there, but that seemed a bit excessive.  If my commitment is really so weak that walking up and down the stairs is sufficient to get me side-tracked, then there's something really wrong and changing in the laundry room isn't going to cut it.

When all is said and done, I did get my workout in for today and felt really good for it.  I had a reasonable energy level and didn't feel like I was dying at the end.  True, I'm not back up to the resistance level that I was at previously, but I'm doing well with getting my heart rate elevated and maintaining a consistent pace for the duration.  Sticking with it, I know I'll get back there.

The most important thing is making time in my schedule for exercising and then making sure that I actually follow my schedule.

Pro/Fat:
  • Meal 1:
    • 3 egg whites
    • 1 whole egg
    • Cucumber (yup, a whole cucumber eaten "banana style" as I drove to work)
  • Meal 2:
    • 1/2 scoop protein powder in water 
    • almonds
  • Meal 3:
    • 4 oz lean meat
    • cheese
    • green beans
  • Meal 4:
    • 4 oz steak
    • grape tomatoes
  • Meal 5:
    • 1/2 scoop protein powder
    • 3 tbsp peanut butter
Exercise
  • Time:  60 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 the entire time
  • Speed:  Averaged 4.0-4.5 mph
  • Calories:  600+ calories
Weigh-in:  Low 155 range

No comments:

Post a Comment