Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Smallest Delights

Today is a "fat" day and I do love my fats!  I'm amazed by how much I enjoy these small additions to my diet and how much I missed them - the egg yolk with my egg whites at breakfast, full-fat cheese with my chicken and veggies, protein shakes, and peanut butter.  I kept everything in moderation, weighing out all the portions, but even these controlled tastes were enough to register with my body and mind.  

When she put together this plan for me, Nikki asked if I'd be able to restrain myself with the peanut butter.  That definitely made me laugh!  I sometimes feel like I could eat peanut butter all day long!  Knowing that I'll have 3 tablespoons at night is enough to satisfy my craving.  Knowing that I'll have it 2 out of every 3 nights is enough to help limit me.  I'll be traveling this weekend and the two evenings we're away are "fat" nights.  Rather than try to travel with peanut butter, I'll probably substitute almonds just for the ease of portion control and mess.  Too bad the tubes of peanut butter aren't the right size!

Pro/Fat:
  • Meal 1:
    • 3 egg whites
    • 1 whole egg
    • Cucumber (yup, a whole cucumber eaten "banana style" as I drove to work)
  • Meal 2:
    • 1/2 scoop protein powder in water 
    • almonds
  • Meal 3:
    • 4 oz lean meat
    • cheese
    • green beans
  • Meal 4:
    • 4 oz lean meat
    • cheese
    • green beans
  • Meal 5:
    • 1/2 scoop protein powder
    • 3 tbsp peanut butter
Exercise
  • Time:  50 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 the entire time
  • Speed:  Averaged 4.5mph
  • Calories:  600+ calories (I was working hard, pointing out how much conditioning I've lost!)
Weigh-in:  154.8-156.? range, down about 4.5 from yesterday - digestion pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment