Sunday, July 10, 2011

2011 - Week 27 In Review

I know I haven't been blogging much this week, but that doesn't mean I've been in hiding or have jumped off the wagon.  I've been quite busy this week, not to mention feeling stressed and overwhelmed.  I've also been really tired.

Exercise:  I only did 1 cardio session this week (on Monday).  I knew Tuesday would be out because I was spending the day with friends and family who were in town.  Wednesday and Thursday were later nights at work.  Friday was a late-ish night at work.  By that point, I had pretty much decided that I was going to be taking a hiatus from exercise for the week.  I could have pushed myself but opted not to.  The same for Saturday.  I chose to take care of paperwork, chores, and errands rather than push myself to get an hour of cardio in there.  


Next week will be another exercise hiatus.  Monday and Tuesday, I'm working until 9pm, getting my clients in for the week.  Then, Wednesday through Sunday is our trip to Las Vegas for our wedding anniversary.  I suppose I could try to exercise while out there, but I know it's not going to happen.  First of all, there's plenty of things to be doing out there and I'd much rather be out and doing other things rather than closing myself up in a fitness center.  Second, I believe there's a fee for using the fitness center at the hotel, which does serve as another deterrent.  But I'm not stressing about this.  I'll be doing a fair amount of walking around.  It won't be the same as my hour of cardio 5-times a week, but it's better than nothing.

Food:  Even though I haven't been exercising, I've continued with good food choices and kept it clean.  My one cheat was planned on Tuesday at the baseball game with my cousins.  (Yes, the funnel cake was delicious.  No, I couldn't even finish it all.)  I was tempted to do some cheating this weekend.  My husband was out of town and it would have been so easy for me to just grab something on the way home and indulge.  Yesterday, I didn't plan my meals very well and found myself being quite hungry while out and about running errands.  If there had been churros available at BJs, I might have gone ahead and gotten one.  But I kept with my clean eating with the reminder that I'll be indulging for five days next week.


This week's food will be yummy and delicious.  I'm not looking to binge while we're in Las Vegas, but I'm definitely looking to enjoy myself and that includes the fabulous foods and drinks.  My plan is to keep it clean until I leave for the airport and then to officially check in for my vacation!  I want to make cleaner choices and watch my portion sizes, but I don't want to stress over it.


Overall: 
Maybe I checked out on vacation a little early.  Or perhaps my body has been telling me that I really do need this vacation as a chance to reset and recharge.  I'm proud of myself for not getting the "fuck-its" and jumping off the wagon.  With not exercising, it felt even more important that I continue with the clean eating.  I've been reminding myself of a favorite quote - "No one ever has it all together.  That's like trying to eat once and for all."  It's okay that I don't have it all together right now.  I'm human and I'm doing my best.

When I get back from vacation, my trainer and I are going to sit down and "regroup" to evaluate where I'm at and where I want to take things.  We talked a bit about it in today's session.  I'm fit, healthy, strong, and trim.  If I want to make further gains, I will need to determine how to push myself.  If I want to maintain where I'm at, that's okay too.  I want to figure out my priorities and what's important to me so that I can continue to strive for balance in my life.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal3
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 4
    • 3oz Chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise: 
  • Time:  1 hour strength training with personal trainer
  • Calories:  Didn't wear my heart rate monitor.  Given that I didn't really exercise at all this week, I didn't see the point in wearing it this one time.
Weigh-In: 145.6 / 144.8

No comments:

Post a Comment