Friday, July 1, 2011

It's In The Bag


I carry this bag to and from work on a daily basis.  It's LLBean's extra-large "Boat and Tote" bag and measures 18x19x10.  It's a pretty darn huge bag and I hadn't realized how huge when I ordered it.  But, wouldn't you know it, I'm managing to fill it.  But what's in the bag?


Yup, it's my lunch bag!  

I have an insulated bag which carries the majority of my actual food.  That's the brown and striped bag on the left.  (The luggage tag has my name on it so that it's readily identifiable in the fridge at work.)  Inside the cooler goes:
  • Eggs (front right)
  • Cream of Rice (front right, slightly taller container)
  • Veggies, chicken, and coconut oil (container in the center)
  • Greek yogurt and coconut oil (stacked on top of the veggies, etc)
  • Daily vitamins (next to the yogurt)
  • Apple cider vinegar (on the off chance that I remember to have some before lunch)
  • Diet Coke (in case I need a little boost of caffeine)
  • Utensils (spoon, fork, tablespoon for ACV)
  • Packet of Crystal Light (in case I run late in the morning and mix it up at work)
The rest of the bag contains:
  • Thermos of tea (today's chocolate cupcake tea was DELICIOUS!)
  • Travel mug of tea
  • Gallon jug of diluted Crystal light (which I put inside a plastic bag in case there are leaks)
  • "Grown-Up Sippy Cup" (my travel cup with a lid, since I had some spills and splashes)
With all this, the bag fills up quite quickly.  I may also throw in there a few odds-n-ends to take back and forth to the office.  If I've exercised in the morning, I'll put in my metal water bottle since there's probably still some Crystal Light in there.  My purse may lay on-top of everything to help keep my hands free.  The bag can be quite heavy in the morning, primarily because of the daily liquid intake, but I'm able to lug it to and from the car.  Once I get to the office, I unload everything and slide the emptied bag beneath my desk.  While it's a large bag, I do feel that it's easier for me to manage than carrying a bunch of smaller bags.  

I do feel like a bit of a pack-mule at times, but at least I can walk out the door in the morning and know that I've got everything on hand that I'll need to have a clean day, carrying me from breakfast until I get home for dinner.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 3
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 4
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans and onions
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  80 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 the entire time
  • Distance:  5+ miles
  • Average Speed:  4.0 - 4.5
  • Calories: 750
Weigh-In: 146.2 / 145.7

No comments:

Post a Comment