Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heading On Vacation

I know I've been MIA a lot recently.  Life has been quite busy and stressful for me and I'm working to keep it all in balance.  Part of that balance has meant taking the time from blogging and allocating it to other activities (like sleep!).  I have been eating clean each day, despite the temptation to just order-in or grab a burger on the way home.

I haven't been exercising and I do feel it.  My weight has remained relatively constant over the last week, but not doing cardio has an impact on how I feel physically.  I do think that part of my being tired is because I'm not moving as much.  Sitting in my desk chair and squirming around doesn't count as movement.  While I won't be going to the fitness center in Vegas, I anticipate doing a lot of walking and moving around.  I do love the slot machines, but they only hold my attention for so long.

One thing I noticed today was the urge to use food as a way to celebrate.  I had an incredible professional opportunity this morning (guest on a national radio program) and felt pumped up afterward.  "Yes!  This deserves to be acknowledged ... with a milkshake?"  I didn't have the milkshake (or go shopping, which was the other urge), but I was acutely aware of that pull.  I decided to just be proud of myself and to embrace all the warm fuzzies I was getting from those around me.  I think the most touching thing was an e-mail my mom wrote me, where she closed it with:

"Today I am the very proud mother of a very exceptional daughter.  Thank you for being you."

That feels better than any milkshake in the world!

(I'll be back to blogging early next week, hopefully on a more regular basis again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment