Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Day Under My Belt

Another day of being on-plan is almost behind me, with one more meal to go before bed.  I really feel good (and feel good about myself) when I open the fridge and see it stocked with clean food choices.  I broiled some marinated chicken for dinner tonight and set aside portions for tomorrow's lunch.  There's another packet of fresh chicken waiting to be prepared and marinated for meals through the end of the week.  Don't forget the 3+ pounds of ground turkey set aside for my husband's meals (which I may help myself to as well).  I've taken to "splurging" and buying gallon-jugs of water for those mornings when I'm running late and feel too rushed to fill my reusable jug from the fridge.  I'll even keep a jug in my cabinet at work as a back-up in case I need it.

When I'm surrounded by positive options, I find myself making positive choices.  Make those choices more difficult to find and chances are I won't be choosing them.  In addition to making them easy and accessible, it helps if they're in-sync with the choices that other people are making around me.  Maybe it's a bit of peer pressure, but I consider it more of a support network.  I'm also more likely to make those positive choices when I'm in a "home" environment.  If I'm familiar with my space, know what to expect, and can prepare in advance, I feel more in control and better able to follow my plan.  It may sound boring, but predictability and routine really help with being on-plan and staying sane.  Sure, there's a lot of repetition and things taste the same, but I'm okay with that.  I like the way my food tastes so I don't mind eating it over and over again.  I know what to expect and it helps me get what I want. 

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    •  
  • Meal 3
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 4 
    •  3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise: None (Planned)
 
Weigh-In: 153.1 / 152.9  (Starting to come back down, but still a reminder of how I've overdone it and been off-track these past few weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment