Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day One Of "Back On Plan"

Today it was back to the grind, both at work and in life.  As my husband said after dinner, "After eating crap for so long, this actually tastes good!"  I shot him the evil eye and said that it should taste good every night, seeing as I cooked it for him.  He agreed and clarified that it tasted even better than usual, because of all the junk we've been eating lately.  (Nice recover!)

Stolen from "Kim Getting Slim" and her blog - Thanks, Kim!

I had to push for my workout today.  Per usual, I got stuck at work about 30 minutes later than I'd planned.  I then ran to the grocery store because there was NO food in the house, which can make eating on-plan rather difficult.  I walked in the door just after 8:30 and was on the elliptical by 9:10, accounting for putting away groceries, changing into my workout clothes, and chatting with hubby about what all needed to get done tonight.  I really had to push for getting my exercise time in there and doing something specifically for myself despite the other things that needed to be done.  I was definitely proud of myself for getting on the elliptical and getting myself moving.  I only did about half my usual workout, which was driven by a couple of factors.  First, it was already rather late and I didn't want to be having dinner at midnight.  Second, there were a couple of things we HAD to get done tonight in preparation for an event this weekend.  Third, I wanted to pace myself for getting back in the groove of things with my cardio.  Fourth, just the 30+ minutes was pretty tiring (a sure sign that I've lost a good amount of my conditioning!).

I took the remainders of of my "cheat" food into work today.  Two of the three donuts are gone, along with the rest of the digestive cookies and a fair amount of the pretzel bites.  I only picked up clean foods at the grocery store, following my list as I usually do.  Now, the fridge is re-stocked with clean foods, the remaining sweets are tucked away in the back of the cabinet, and the kitchen is ready for healthy food preparations.  This makes healthy choices that much easier to make!

For August, I'm planning to be mostly on-plan, allowing for my weekly cheat meal most weeks.  Our next "abnormal" weekend isn't until September, when we go to Pennsylvania for a couple of nights.  Up until then, I'm wanting to be as on-plan as I can be while still maintaining my sanity.  Today was a good way to start off.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    •  
  • Meal 3
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 4 
    •  3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  35 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute, Level 2 for 33 minutes, Level 1 for 1 minute
  • Distance:  2.75+ miles
  • Calories:  400+
Weigh-In: 156.2 / 155.8  (Wow!  Higher than I expected, but not surprising.  It'll be interesting to see how this changes over the week with being back to exercising and eating clean.  I definitely feel the extra weight on me and can see it in the mirror as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment