Thursday, August 4, 2011

Physical Roller Coaster

With all my off-plan eating recently, my body has been on a bit of a roller coaster.  So what do I do?  Take that ride up a notch!  

About two weeks ago, I went off of birth control.  My body is taking all this in and saying "WTF are you doing to me, lady?"  Honestly, I have no idea of what I'm doing to my body.  I'm not even sure how my body works!  After being on hormonal birth control for over 18 years, I'm just hoping that my body remembers what it's supposed to do.  Poking around online, I've seen that one side effect of discontinuing NuvaRing can be weight gain.  Or it can be weight loss according to other sites.   And who knows about the whole hormonal element!  Lord help me, and all those around me!

I think the next few months are going to be spent "reacquainting" myself with my body, how it works, and what it needs.  At this point, my plan is to "keep on trucking" and to live my life as I've been living it.  I spoke with my trainer's wife and don't have any plans to change my eating plan at this time.  My trainer is experienced in working with pregnant clients (and his wife trained throughout her pregnancy), so I'll be deferring to him (and, of course, the health care professionals I work with) to make sure my exercise program is appropriate.  I'm making a bit of a shift in my cardio to workout at a lower heart rate, just because I've read that you want to keep your heart rate below 140 and I'd like to see what that feels like.

The one thing I am doing is going to an appointment with the OB/GYN at my doctor's practice for early September, just to make sure that everything's looking good and headed in the right direction.  Considering that I'm officially in the "high risk" category with turning 36 in October, this seemed like a smart and easy thing to do.  Based on that appointment, I'll see if it's recommended that I make any modifications to my approach.

Please note, this is NOT going to turn into a "Trying to Conceive" blog.  I'm not going to be writing about basal body temperatures, cervical mucous, or other conception-related things.  If something's relevant then I'll bring it up.  Otherwise, I think it might be in that "personal" category and kept to myself.

In the famous words of Jon Bon Jovi, "Buckle up, baby, it's a bumpy ride!"

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    •  
  • Meal 3
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 4 
    •  3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  75 minutes on the elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 the whole time
  • Average Speed:  4mph
  • Distance:  5 miles
  • Calories:  825+
 
Weigh-In: 152.9  (Only one weigh-in this morning, as I was leaving early and forgot to get on the scale a second time.)

1 comment:

  1. First of all you should know that the prime rule from which the best core workout routines are based is that the workout routine itself should not be aimed to lose weight, but rather to lose fat.

    ReplyDelete