Sunday, March 20, 2011

2011 - Week 11 in Review

In a word - SICK!  This is going on 3 weeks of being sick and I'm fed-up and frustrated with the whole thing.  I don't think I've improved at all over the week, despite going to urgent care on Monday.  I've taken my antibiotics and nasal spray with no noticeable impact.  I do have an appointment with my primary care physician tomorrow morning.  My hope is to get something heavy-duty for symptom management (at the very least).  Given the continuance of "The Plague," I haven't eaten clean this week and I haven't exercised either.  One of the disappointments about my cheat meals is that I'm too congested to be able to fully taste and enjoy them!  BOO!
My priority for the week is to get healthy (obviously).  Tuesday and Wednesday are full days, working 10-8 each day with no breaks.  These are days when I pray for cancellations!  Then Thursday, my husband and I are off to New Orleans for the weekend.  I'm attending and presenting at a conference.  I hope that I'm able to do more than give my talks and fall asleep - it would be such a waste to go down there and no be able to enjoy the city!

So what's my plan?  After the doctor's visit, I'm going to follow whatever the doctor's orders are.  I'm not going to do a lot of grocery shopping for the 3 days before we leave, but I do need to pick up some food to get us through those days.  I'm not going to stress about eating clean, but I do want to have healthier foods around.  Fortunately, I finished off the enormous bag of M&Ms so they're no longer in the equation.  They're just in my belly!

I'm not going to bother with doing any food-prep for the trip to New Orleans, both because I don't have time and because I don't feel up to it.  We get into town early enough on Thursday that I may consider seeking out a grocery store to get some supplies.  If I don't have food on-hand, I'll try to make better choices out of what's available to me.  I WILL be enjoying some alcohol while there, but will be somewhat limited most nights because my presentations (where I'm presenting, not just attending) are early in the morning.

If I can get through this week, get progressively healthier, have  uneventful travels, and give some solid talks, I'll consider it a successful week!  Anything above and beyond that is gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment