Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 - Week 12 In Review

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week has been a turning point for me.  Here's what happened:

Health:  On Monday, I went to my primary care physician where I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, dual ear infections, and a possible upper-chest infection (a la bronchitis).  I started a new antibiotic, had cough medicine with codeine to help with sleeping through the night, and an inhaler to help with those coughing fits.  Almost immediately, I began to have an improvement in symptoms.  I'm now at the point where I'm wrapping up the antibiotic but not really needing anything else for symptom management.

Exercise:  What's that?  I'm coming up on almost 4 weeks since I was exercising.  I'm definitely feeling up to it now that this infection is clearing up.  So I'll be aiming to resume my exercise routine this week.  I feel like I'm going to have to reintroduce myself to my trainer, given how long it's been since I've worked out with him.

Food:  M&Ms count as clean, right?  Just kidding!  I gave up even trying to eat clean this week.  At the beginning of the week, I was so frustrated and worn-out with continuing to be sick that I just didn't care anymore.  I was too busy and tired to want to go grocery shopping or to cook anything.  I will admit that there was an anger/resentment about having to restrict my protein and trying to eat clean with the kidney-related restrictions.  So I allowed myself to over-eat on all the carbs that are typically off the table.  Then we were out of town from Thursday to Sunday and I just wanted to enjoy yummy food (and drink).  I HAD to try the beignets at Cafe Du Monde and at Cafe Beignet to see which were better.

Overall:  By the end of the week, I was feeling better and ready to exercise again.  I'm tired of feeling doughy and sluggish.  I'm uncomfortable in my body - both because of being sick and because of gaining weight.  My clothes have definitely been more tight and I've just felt awkward in my clothes.  This was a particular frustration while in New Orleans, as I felt more self-conscious about my appearance while at the conference.  Then add in the evenings on Bourbon Street where I just felt schlumpy.  It didn't help that I failed to properly pack for the trip (due to illness, busyness, and limited laundry options), so I was in 80-degree weather with nothing packed but jeans and light-weight sweaters.

Goals:  Get back to exercising and eating clean and stick on this road to healthiness!!!  The weight and the (dis)comfort with my body will all sort itself out as I get my behaviors back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment