Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Day Off

Today is another day off from exercising.  I had originally planned to take today off because of my work schedule; however, with yesterday being a sick day I thought I would try to get a workout in.  My husband and I checked with each other to see if we wanted to meet at the gym at 9pm.  We both had the same response - we could rally if the other wanted to get to the gym.  Given that enthusiastic response, the consensus was that we'd take the day off from working out.  We're both under the weather and not feeling up to it.  I had thought I'd possibly have the energy to climb on the elliptical for 30-45 minutes, but when I got home at nearly 9pm I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I really dislike having "the grunge" - I'm not sick enough to stay home in bed but I'm not well enough to do the things I want to do.  Everything seems to move in slow motion and take much longer.  I'm more easily frustrated with things and more likely to feel like giving up.  (I must admit that I was extremely tempted to have a dinner of Papa John's and peanut butter cookies this evening.)  While I did take some Dayquil yesterday, I'm trying to not take any medication if I don't absolutely have to.  As my husband reminded me last night, I've got to be careful about what medications I take because of what the kidney doctor told me (only Tylenol).

I'm trying to take care of myself and not get bogged down with feeling icky.  So tonight is going to be an early night for me.  I've had my dinner and am off to bed.  My gym bag is packed with my workout gear and swimming stuff.  Here's hoping for a healthier day tomorrow!

Food Log: 
  • Meal 1 
    • 2 egg whites with peppers, onion, and salsa 
    • 40g oatmeal
  • Meal 2
    • Salad
    • Salad dressing (estimated 2 tablespoons because forgot my tablespoon at home)
    • 3oz chicken
  • Meal 3
    • Apple
    • 1oz almonds
    • Light cheese 
  • Meal 4
    • 3oz chicken
    • 40g oatmeal
    • 1 tablespoon peanut butter 
(Not much of an appetite today, what with feeling sick and under the weather, but tried to make myself eat.)


Exercise: None, because of feeling sick and under the weather

Today's Weigh-In: 143.3 / 143.3

No comments:

Post a Comment