Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Preparing For PAX

Tomorrow evening, my husband and I head to Boston for a weekend with friends.  Simply put, we'll be "nerding out" at PAX East, a gaming convention.  It's a planned "cheat" weekend for me, but I'm planning to refrain from completely throwing in the towel.  Here's part of my planning:
  • PAX Snax:  I've got some food prepared for the flight and the weekend to help with making clean choices.  Remember, I've requested a fridge in the hotel room.  It's not guaranteed, but I'm hopeful to get it.
    • Bell peppers, cucumbers, and baby carrots for snacking on
    • 3 pre-weighted portions of chicken
    • Tubs of salad for dinner on Thursday and a lunch or two
    • 3 meals of apple, almonds, and light cheese
    • Peanut butter for a before-bed treat
    • Travel mug, tea bags, and Splenda (since the line at Starbucks is probably going to be incredibly long)
    • Hard-boiled egg whites for breakfasts (haven't done this yet, but I'm considering it if I have time tomorrow)
  • The question of exercising:  I haven't yet decided if I'm going to try and get a workout in.  I haven't exercised since last Friday, and before that it was last Tuesday.  Being sick has really wiped me out.  If I can feel up to it, I'd like to get a workout in; but I'm also there for fun, enjoyment, and relaxation.  I'm going to be doing a lot of walking around anyway, so there's going to be some exercise just by attending the convention.
  • I'm definitely planning for cheat meals on Friday and Saturday night.  My friend has already picked the restaurants, so I've checked out the menus and started to think about what I might want to order.  I want to make sure that I enjoy the food options I have to choose from, so I'm going to do my best to speak up without being obnoxious.  Given how infrequently I have cheat meals, I do hope they're worth while!
  • Bobble:  I've got a water bottle with a built-in water filter, so I can fill it up at a water fountain and still have non-icky tasting water.  I'm also considering bringing my smaller Crystal Light packets and my workout bottle so I can mix up some flavored drinks as well.  But I know I won't be as well-watered as I typically am.  It's probably going to be a good thing, given that I'm not sure how accessible the bathrooms are going to be!
Throughout all this, I'm reminding myself that the whole point of this trip is to relax, have fun, and enjoy the company of my friends (all 24000 in attendance!).  I'm not out to binge or to deny myself.  It's all about moderation, balance, and getting my geek on!

Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 2 egg whites with red pepper, onion, and salsa
    • 40g oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of Splenda
  • Meal 2
    • 1oz almonds
    • Light cheese
  • Meal 3
    • 3oz chicken 
    • Green beans
    • 2 tablespoons salad dressing 
    • 40g oatmeal
    • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (a little extra treat there!) 
Exercise:  None (It continues!) due to continued recovery from sickness.  I made the mistake of not taking Nyquil last night and consequently spent the whole night laying in bed with my eyes closed, trying to fall asleep while breathing through one nostril, continually blowing my nose, and listening to my husband snore.  So I wound up feeling more sick today than I did yesterday.  BLECH!

Today's Weigh-In: 142.7 / 142.7

No comments:

Post a Comment