Thursday, March 10, 2011

Traveling

Today is the trip up to Boston and I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my flight which is over an hour delayed (and counting). I packed half of the smaller suitcase with food, which will hopefully arrive intact. I continue to be amazed at how heavy food can be the little suitcase weighs just as much as the medium-sized suitcase filled with clothes and toiletries. But I managed to pack enough food to cover 9 meals over the next 3 days, along with a few extras. My husband groaned when I told him there was a baggie of Splenda in there, anticipating that it will trigger a security search. My plan is to eat the food while in Boston and then fill that space in the suitcase with games and "swag" for the trip home.

My carry-on has worked pretty nicely. I had a Tupperware filled with salad. I chopped it at home and tossed the salad dressing in there as well. Carrying it around in my backpack distributed the dressing nicely. I had no difficulty with security. Because our flight was delayed for an hour, we decided to get "real food" for dinner. We went to the Silver Diner where my husband could order something. I asked the waitress if I could eat my own food or if she'd prefer that I eat it at the gate. She said I could eat my food and that she'd beat up anyone who challenged me. What a sweetie! Yeah, she got a good tip. So I had my salad and chicken with no issues.

I still have my apple, cheese, and almonds for the plane or for once we land. I'm thinking I'll save them for once we get to the hotel, since we'll probably sit around and play games for a while. Then I can have oatmeal and peanut butter before going to sleep.

I ended up hard-boiling eggs for breakfast - 3 for each day since that's pretty close to the half-cup of egg whites I fix at home (I'll be discarding the yolks). I also fixed a serving of oatmeal for each morning. I actually like cold oatmeal, so it's a yummy meal all around.

Food Log:
Meal 1
- 2 eggs whites with peppers and salsa (no onions today)
- 40g oatmeal
Meal 2
- Salad
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 3oz chicken
Meal 3
- Apple
- Light cheese
- 1oz almonds
Meal 4
- 40g oatmeal
- Tablespoon of peanut butter

Exercise: None. Plague continues. Will go to doctor if it continues into next week, though I'm sure this weekend will exacerbate my symptoms.

Weigh-in: 144.7 / 143.7

No comments:

Post a Comment