Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I've Lost All Motivation! Where Is My Motivation?

This week has been a case of throwing in the towel.  Simply put, I've had the "fuck-its" and I haven't tried to fight it.  It's primarily due to my being sick and feeling lousy because of it.  I am feeling better, but I'm still in that limbo of not feeling sick enough to stay home sick but still not healthy enough to resume exercising.  I'm still irritated and annoyed with this "impairment" and am more likely to express this exasperation through chowing down on junk.

Sometimes I may misinterpret various external factors so that they feed into these lousy feelings.  This can include the number on the scale, which is why I'm taking a break from weighing myself.  I know the number's up to the range I was in at the beginning of the year.  But I also know that the number isn't an accurate reflection of where I am in my efforts.  I want to give myself a chance to have that number "rebalance" itself before I resume tracking it again.  Because watching that number creep up can have the effect of running over my motivation with a Mack truck!

Recently, I've felt as though I've been losing steam.  My guess is that this is primarily due to the restrictions of the reduced protein diet.  Not only has it led to an overall lower energy level, but it left me frustrated as my weight loss plateaued.  There's also been a lot of stress in my life, though I've managed to resolve a lot of it in the last week or so.  That helped me to feel a bit better about taking on life's adventures, but it wasn't enough to counteract my sinus infection.  That REALLY laid me out!

I'm hoping that this "Week of Cheat" is enough to revitalize me.  I'm focusing on getting enough sleep and not taxing myself.  I'm basically giving myself permission to eat whatever I want to eat.  My plan is to start back with some light to moderate exercising on Friday afternoon.  Hopefully back to regular cardio on Saturday and back to lifting with the trainer on Sunday.  As for the eating, I've got enough soup to keep me going through Friday evening.  I figure I'll start with eating clean on Saturday, though we're probably going to be eating dinner out that evening in celebration of my brother-in-law's birthday.  Sunday will be back full force, provided I get to the grocery store to re-stock on all my veggies.


Food Log:

  • Meal 1
    • Bagel with peanut butter
  • Meal 2
    • Chex mix
    • Tomato soup
    • Pita chips
  • Meal 3 (Revenge of the Fuck-Its!)
    • Granola bars
    • Mini moon pie
    • Nutter buddy bar
    • Popcorn
  • Meal 4
    • Sweet potato chipotle soup
    • Perogi
    • M&Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment