Sunday, April 3, 2011

2011 - Week 13 In Review

I'm back on the wagon!

Health:  I finished taking the antibiotic this week and have been feeling progressively better.  I'm still coughing a little but haven't needed to take take any medications.  I wouldn't say I'm 100% yet, but I'm able to do what I want to do with little to no interference.


Exercise:  I climbed back onto the elliptical as of Monday.  It had been so long, there were actually cobwebs on the machine!  I exercised 5 of the 7 days this week.  My cardio felt pretty pathetic, though I was glad to get moving.  My heartrate went up more quickly and was higher than it would have been a while ago.  I could definitely tell that I had lost some cardio conditioning.  Today I reintroduced myself to my trainer.  The weights I was lifting were a bit lighter than what I had been lifting pre-illness.  There were points when I had difficulty catching my breath and had to pause for a bit.  Next week, I may bring the inhaler with me just in case.  It did feel good to be up and moving again this week!


Food:  Monday was back on the wagon with clean eating as well.  I got the
OXO Softworks Salad Chopper Bowl which made my salads much easier to make and to eat!  I don't have to use scissors to chop my salad into smaller pieces.  I don't know if it helps with digestion at all, but I haven't been as bloated or gassy with my salads this week either.  (Maybe I have to rebuild the presence of salad in my system....)  I did well with my food choices and having clean foods on hand.  A friend was over this afternoon and we shared a clean lunch while discussing the different efforts involved in making food choices.  Our conversation confirmed the importance of planned cheats to maintain motivation.  My one cheat was planned for this evening - a Cadbury's Creme Egg and a serving of Mini Eggs.

Overall:  I'm happy that I've been able to restart my efforts.  I'm not at the same level I was at in February, but I can't expect that at this time.  The challenge was moderating my physical efforts to where I'm at now as opposed to where I've been at or where I think I should be at.  I'm trying to re-establish my focus on my target behaviors and not get distracted by where I'm at (or not at) with other measures (strength, resistance, scale).

Goals:  To continue with my re-establishment of healthy behaviors.  I should be able to get all my workouts in this week, if my week follows its schedule.  There are no planned social events, so any cheats should be on my own terms.  The big mystery factor will be the doctor's appointment on Thursday - I have no idea what this may uncover or how I may need to further modify/accommodate my eating or exercising.  And with all this, I continue to remind myself that my weight and the (dis)comfort with my body will all sort itself out as I get my behaviors back on track. 

Food Log
  • Meal 1  
    • 2 egg whites with onion
    • 40g oatmeal
  • Meal 2 
    • 3oz chicken
    • Salad
    • 2 tablespoons light salad dressing
  • Meal 3
    • 1oz almonds
    • Light cheese
  • Meal 4
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 40g oatmeal
    • Generous tablespoon of peanut butter
  • CHEAT
    • Cadbury's Creme Egg
    • 40g dark chocolate Mini Eggs
Exercise:
  • Time:  1-hour total body workout with trainer 
  • Calories:  450

Today's Weigh-In:  150.2 / 149.9

No comments:

Post a Comment