Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fighting The Funk

I'm really fighting the funk today.  I didn't sleep well because my husband's out of town and because I was preoccupied about the 24-hour urine collection.  So I stayed up much later than I usually would and then didn't sleep as soundly as I usually would either.  (FYI: I delivered 6000cc to the lab, filling nearly 2 jugs, and the tech told me they wouldn't need anymore than the 3500cc in the first jug.)

I had originally planned to exercise in the morning before my appointment for blood work, but opted for extra sleep instead.  I told myself that if I got back home by 1pm, after running all my errands, I would exercise before meeting up with a friend.  The errands were things that had been on my "To Do" list for a while and I was happy to get them done.  I didn't get home until 2pm, so I fixed myself lunch and then got together with my friend.

I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with her, especially with the goal of pampering.  We got pedicures and then walked around the mall.  It was the walking around the mall that started to wear me down.  We spent longer walking around than either of us realized, so my blood sugar was probably getting rather low.  In addition to that, we were looking around at different dresses that I could possibly wear in Las Vegas this summer.  That just served to focus in on my dissatisfaction with my body at this time, my frustration with the restrictions I'm dealing with right now, and tiredness as I continue to recover from being sick.  I'm nearly 15 pounds heavier than I was at the end of last summer and that just brings me down....

I got home at about 6:30 and proceeded to fall asleep on the couch.  I woke-up and tried to rally.  I got dressed in my workout clothes, put on my heartrate monitor, and went down to the elliptical.  Just looking at it, I knew it wasn't going to be a rewarding workout.  So I decided to take the evening off and take it easy.  I know it sounds contradictory to not exercise when I'm feeling bad about my weight and my lost fitness.  If I had pushed the workout, I think that would have resulted in my feeling even worse and possibly would have triggered an excessive indulgence in cheat foods.

So I spent the evening on the couch, watching movies, and trying not to wallow.  I don't want to whine or sound as though I'm feeling sorry for myself.  I know things really aren't that bad.  The fact is, my life is pretty good.  Rather, I'm trying to outline the possible triggers or patterns that fed into my current emotional state.  I can't control all the factors, but I can manage some of them (or at least how I respond to them).

Food Log
  • Meal 1  
    • 2 egg whites with onion
    • 40g oatmeal
  • Meal 2 
    • 3oz chicken
    • Salad
    • 2 tablespoons light salad dressing
  • Meal 3
    • Apple
    • 1oz almonds
    • Light cheese
  • Meal 4
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 40g oatmeal
    • Generous tablespoon of peanut butter
Exercise:  None

Today's Weigh-In:  150.1 / 149.6

No comments:

Post a Comment