Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011 - Week 18 In Review

I definitely enjoyed my treat last Sunday, even though it may have slowed my "progress" with weight loss this week.  Don't worry, there are no regrets or second thoughts about it.  I spoke with my trainer's wife about how the meal plan was progressing (great!) and she's encouraging me to go without cheats until I've reached my goals.  Ehh.  I told her that there were going to be cheats in there, just as part of life.  Sure, my weight loss may be a bit slower but it's still progressing and I'm still making headway.  I'm also keeping my sanity and living my life.

Exercise:  I got all of my 6 days of exercise in this week!  Woo-Hoo!  I had a cancellation on Wednesday morning which fave me the extra time to get a workout in.  Then I added in some unofficial cardio with cutting the grass today.  Not only do I mow our postage stamp of a lawn, but I do our neighbors' as well.  It wasn't a huge workout, but a nice add-on to my session with the trainer.  Making time for my workouts this week got me thinking about how fortunate I am to shift my work schedule to accommodate self-care.  Not everyone can do this or afford to do this.  My work and my husband's support make this possible.

For the up-coming week, I should be able to get all 6 workouts in again.  Wednesday may be an evening workout, but I can keep my schedule clear so I can be sure to get it.  Perhaps I'll go to the gym and climb the stairmill while my husband works out with the trainer.

Food:  All clean this week!  I've really enjoyed having my dinners in a bowl.  I mix up the rice, veggies (green beans or peppers and onions), chicken, and coconut oil so it's all steaming hot.  Then I spritz it with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and add a dollop of mustard.  Delicious!!!  And I'm LOVING the Sweet-n-Hot mustard.  This makes it easy to heat-up my food, given that I prepare everything in advance more often than not.

For the upcoming week, I'll mostly be on-plan.  On Saturday, I'll be out at an event with my husband for most of the day.  I'll bring my own food for the majority of the day, but dinner will probably be a cheat meal out at a restaurant with friends.  I'll try to make positive choices, but I'll also be enjoying myself and the company I'm with.  And I'm still on the hunt for the elusive honey Chobani Greek yogurt!

Overall:  Life is good.  (Can I say that without violating any copyright?)  I'm continuing to feel good about my efforts and where they're taking me.  I'm enjoying my food and finding ways to keep it yummy.  (I am in the market for a new lunch bag/cooler that's large enough to hold all my food, if anyone has any suggestions).  I've got some good things on Tivo to keep me entertained while on the elliptical and a new audiobook for the stairmill.  Of course, not EVERYTHING in my life is going perfectly because that's just how life goes.  I've got a good amount of paperwork sitting around waiting for me.  Tomorrow is a trip to the dentist so I can get some cavities filled - JOY!  But, in the grand scheme of things, I've got to say that life really is good.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Peppers and onion
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Peppers and onion
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  1 hour total body workout with trainer; 1 hour yard work
  • Calories: 550+

Weigh-In:  145.2 / 145.2

No comments:

Post a Comment