Saturday, May 28, 2011

One Day At A Time

I think I might overwhelm myself when I try to take in too much at a time.  Thinking about how I'm going to work to stay on plan next weekend really has nothing to do with my life today.  The more I think about it, the more likely I am to get distracted from what I'm trying to accomplish right now.  There is something to be said for planning ahead, but there's a difference between advance preparation and advance worrying/deliberating/anticipating.  It was important to think about the next few days to determine when I would go to the grocery store, but I separate that from the type of planning that gets to be overwhelming.  So here's to trying to keep things in perspective - I can only do so much in a given day, I can only handle so much at a time.  I guess it all comes back to my goal of "practicing patience" and allowing for things to happen when they will.

"Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogur
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
 
Exercise:
  • Time:  75+ minutes on the elliptical (lost track of time when jumped off to switch laundry)
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute;  Level 3 for the remainder of the time
  • Calories:  825+
  • Average Speed:  4.9 mph
  • Distance:  6+ miles
Weigh-In:  145.8 / 145.5

1 comment:

  1. I recommend in these situations to use as your mantra something we say at work "That's for future me to worry about." :)

    ReplyDelete