Sunday, May 15, 2011

2011 - Week 19 In Review

Before I begin, a quick disclaimer:  I'm sore, I'm tired, and I'm cranky.  I'm easily annoyed and complaining about the most minute things.  That being said, I can't complain about the week.  I made everything work and I stayed on plan.  I'm just feeling a little irritable right now, so my perky outlook is currently unavailable.  I had planned on baking some cookies today (work on Wednesday and event on Saturday) but was not in the mood to do it.  I knew that if those cookies were in front of me, they'd ALL end up in my belly.  So I'll consider baking tomorrow, assuming I'm in a better state of mind.

Exercise:  I got 5 of 6 days of exercise in this week, despite my planning to get all 6 in.  I had scheduled things so I could get another workout in on Thursday night, but life didn't want to cooperate with me.  Some stressful things hit at the office.  So, despite leaving the office early enough that I could have exercised, I just didn't have the energy or the mental resources to deal with it.  To compensate, I did extra cardio on Friday and Saturday.  LITTLE DID I KNOW ... that my session with the trainer today would be a solo session.  UGH!  I was low-energy and he was taking no prisoners, so I really got my money's worth with today's session.  (See, I'm being optimistic!)  Damn, am I sore right now.  

For this week, Monday and Tuesday are a go.  Wednesday is off because I'm at work from 10-9.  Thursday is a go, with my day now starting a bit later.  Friday is also going to work, and I keep meaning to get to the pool so I may try to do it then.  Saturday is up in the air, as I'm accompanying my husband to a Games that day.  Depending on when we have to get on the road, I suppose I could wake-up and exercise before we leave but I think it's rather unlikely.  So I can do extra on other days.  Something I had thought about for this week was to do some extra cardio after my training session, since I'll be going sans hubby.  I didn't feel the need to do that given today's workout, but I may consider it next week if necessary.

Food:  Another week of keeping it clean is under my belt.  Nothing really new going on there, just more of the same.  I did start adding some minced garlic to my rice today (after weighing it out, because I don't want those little bits of garlic to be cheating me out of my well-deserved grains of rice!).  I kept it clean at my husband's event yesterday, which I'm feeling good about.  At the event itself, there really wasn't a temptation with any of the food available.  I was happy to have my Greek yogurt and beverages.  Afterward, people went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner.  I brought in my tupperware of chicken, rice, and green beans.  I steered clear of the chips and salsa.  When the waiter came by, I had my Diet Coke and told him I was splitting an entree with my husband.  (He ordered some seafood dish just to ensure I wouldn't be nibbling anything off his plate.)  Once everyone got served, I slid the chicken and rice onto a small side plate and covered it with salsa so it would look more like something served in the restaurant.  I then left for home and ate the green beans while driving.  The only struggle was with my getting hungry and not being able to whip-out my food on demand.

For the upcoming week, I'll try to be on-plan again.  This time, Saturday will be at an all-day event with my husband.  I'll bag all my meals for the day, including extra beverages.  We'll be outside, so I want to make sure I can stay hydrated.  As with this week, dinner will probably be at a restaurant with friends.  I'll have my food on me, but may opt for a cheat meal.  I'll play it by ear and see how I'm feeling at the time.  I won't have my own car, so I'll pace myself based on how the evening seems to be going.  And still no honey Chobani Greek yogurt!

Overall:  Life is good.  (Can I say that without violating any copyright?)  I'm continuing to feel good about my efforts and where they're taking me.  I'm enjoying my food and finding ways to keep it yummy.  (I am in the market for a new lunch bag/cooler that's large enough to hold all my food, if anyone has any suggestions).  I've got some good things on Tivo to keep me entertained while on the elliptical and a new audiobook for the stairmill.  Of course, not EVERYTHING in my life is going perfectly because that's just how life goes.  I've got a good amount of paperwork sitting around waiting for me.  Tomorrow is a trip to the dentist so I can get some cavities filled - JOY!  But, in the grand scheme of things, I've got to say that life really is good.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Pole beans (not quite sure what they are, other than flat green beans)
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Pole beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  1 hour total body workout with trainer (SOLO)
  • Calories: 450+

Weigh-In:  144.5 / 143.8

No comments:

Post a Comment