Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Late-Night Workouts

Last night I couldn't bring myself to exercise when I got home at 8:45.  I was just too wiped out.  Tonight, I set the stage for a late-night workout and made it work for me.  My husband had a session scheduled with the trainer for 9pm.  I finished with my last appointment at 8pm, had my 4th meal (sans green beans because I really wasn't hungry for them) and got on the road to the gym.  I arrived just before 9pm, so I was able to time my cardio session to coincide with my husbands weight-lifting session. 

What do I like about late-night workouts?  I definitely felt like I had more energy, probably because I had eaten something.  I didn't feel rushed because of needing to leave for work on-time.  I showered in the evening so I don't need to shower tomorrow morning (possible extra sleeping?).  And the super-hot shower was a great way to unwind for the day, followed by comfy clean pajamas.

What do I dislike about late-night workouts?  We didn't get home from the gym until nearly 10:45.  So, after my shower, I still had dinner to prepare.  I didn't sit down to eat until after 11, and I didn't eat with my husband (who was showering at the time).  I then wasn't quite ready for my yogurt, which I ate just after 11:30.  So the biggest (and really only) drawback is eating later.  Related to this, I think it gives me a higher weigh-in the next day, if only because I haven't had the chance to fully or properly digest my food from the evening.  Also, it leaves me feeling a little rushed, kind of a contradiction to the hot shower.  So I didn't really have any time at home this evening besides getting clean and feeding my face.  In a couple of minutes, I'll throw the last of the dishes into the dishwasher and head up to bed.  I'm pretty fortunate that the workout doesn't leave me wired all night and unable to sleep.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 2% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  70 minutes (30 on stairmill, 40 on treadmill)
  • Calories:  750+
Weigh-In:  146.4 / 146.2

No comments:

Post a Comment