Monday, May 16, 2011

Gimme A Break!

I did plan to exercise today, honestly I did.  I even went as far as to put on my workout clothes.  But .... I wound up deciding to take the day off.  I am really sore after yesterday's weight lifting session with the trainer.  If I'd gotten my act together earlier in the day, I'm guessing I could have rallied and made myself push through a cardio session.  Instead, I opted for a day of recovery.
 
It's tough to find that balance between pushing myself and caring for myself.  If I let myself, I could easily take a week off from exercising.  There's plenty of other stuff I could do that would fill the time.  I'd also start to feel sluggish, low-energy, and antsy (a contradiction but true).  On the flip-side, I could push myself to exercise everyday but I would burnout and my body would start to fail under me.
 
My weekly goal is to exercise six days a week, though I'm not always capable of doing this.  And I can't always anticipate when I'll be up for exercising and when I won't.  Mondays are usually my day off from work, though things manage to creep in here and there.  On top of that, I'm generally quite sore from my training sessions.  I've been thinking about shifting my work schedule so that I could get a workout in on Wednesdays more easily - maybe not immediately, but I think I could make something work.  I'm not going to rule out exercising on Mondays, but I'd like to have the flexibility of not working out if I'm not up to it.
 
What did I do while I was avoiding and procrastinating my exercise today?  I gave a talk at a local retirement community in the afternoon.  I drove my husband to and from the tire store because we were getting new tires for his car.  I baked cookies, both for Wednesday's work meeting and Saturday's event.  (I didn't even taste the batter - GO ME!)  I did a scrapbook page using some new supplies that were delivered today.  (How could I resist?)  And I think that's just about it.
 
Now, to get to bed so I have a better chance of waking up with enough time for tomorrow's cardio....

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Pole beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Pole beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise: None

Weigh-In:  145.1 / 145.0

No comments:

Post a Comment