Wednesday, May 4, 2011

According To Plan?

Life doesn't always go according to plan.  I think a strength that is often overlooked is a person's ability to be flexible and to adapt to the unexpected.  That doesn't mean liking the off-plan events but rather being able to cope with them.

I like structure and order in my life.  I thrive on it.  Some might say I can be rigid, but I would argue against that.  Rigidity would suggest that I'm inflexible.  While I can't touch my toes (I'm REALLY inflexible in that regard), I do think I can roll with the punches pretty well.  Of course I prefer that things go with my structure, but I'm not going to flip out or melt down if there's a deviation from plan.
 
Sure, I like to make plans where I can.  I've got my calendar and my lists.  I try to be prepared for situations that might arise.  I consider that being thorough, attentive to details, and thoughtful.  It's also my being disciplined and regimented.  I think that's what has helped contribute to my being successful in many of my endeavors.  However, I wouldn't have been successful if I hadn't had an element of flexibility at the same time.
 
"The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm."
- Confucius 


Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  64 minutes on elliptical
  • Level: Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 2 for 60 minutes; Level 1 for 3 minutes
  • Calories:  650+
  • Average HR:  142
  • Max HR:  151
  • Distance:  5 miles
Weigh-In:  147.0 / 146.3

No comments:

Post a Comment