Thursday, May 19, 2011

If I Had A Magic Wand....

At least from a food perspective!  Did I sabotage myself today?  Perhaps a little.  I had PLENTY of time to exercise this morning, considering that I didn't have to be in the office until 3pm.  What did I do?  Lounge in bed until about 11am, read my book, and work on a couple of scrapbook pages.  I even told myself that I'd get on the elliptical by 1pm, and the proceeded to watch time roll on by until - OH MY GOSH! - it was time to leave for work.

While I was puttering around the house, procrastinating and avoiding, I chomped away on Werther's Originals candies and a bunch of Lifesavers mints.  Yum!  Why?  Well, I was kicking myself for buying these hard candies at the grocery store and decided to stop chomping on them.  The best way?  Chomp on them in excess until they're gone, obviously!  And I ate so many of them that I upset my stomach!

So I took the unopened bag of Werther's to the office with the intention of leaving them in the kitchen for others to eat.  The implementation?  The candies made it to my desk drawer where I proceeded to chomp on them throughout the day and ultimately finish the bag.  By that point, my stomach was quite gassy and I was feeling uncomfortable and bloated.  My solution?  Eat some of the sugar cookies that I had brought into the office the day before.  Isn't that precisely what any medical professional would recommend for an upset stomach?  Oh, I forgot that the AMA also encourages variety, so when I got home I had an additional peanut butter cookie and a brownie so that my cheating was rounded out.

I spent the evening thankful that there was no one standing down-wind from me.  My stomach gurgled and made a lot of noises, basically letting me know that I had not done a good job of taking care of it today.  Maybe it was a case of the "fuck-its" today, but it was my first cheat in nearly three weeks (I think).  I'll admit that I've been frustrated lately watching the scale hover in the 146 range, despite my exercising and eating clean.  If my weight's going to stay up a bit, why not have it be because of eating poorly?  At least then I can attribute it to something.  (And that's ignoring the fact that I'm seeing other gains/changes in my body and that I was feeling more trim yesterday.)  So, over the course of the day, I made choices that made me feel bad (physically) and then feel worse (physically), without really making me feel any better (emotionally).  Not that I was feeling bad about anything, but I think I was starting to feel a little emotionally run-down or tired.  So I gave myself the unrestricted cheating with no guilt/baggage/repercussions, took the day off from exercising, and allowed for some lounging and scrapbooking.  I'll be back to eating clean tomorrow, will strive to keep it clean on Saturday, and possibly allow myself another sanctioned cheat that day depending on where events take me.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Cheats in the Middle:
    • A LOT of Lifesavers mint
    • A LOT of Werther's Originals
    • 6 sugar cookies
    • 1 peanut butter cookie
    • 1 brownie
Exercise: None!  (I was lazy and unmotivated, opting to do some scrapbooking instead)

Weigh-In:  146.6 / 146.5

No comments:

Post a Comment