Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let's Sweat!

There's the saying "Pigs sweat, men perspire, women glisten."  I must be oinking, because I sweat like a pig!  Not everyone sweats, it's just a matter of each person's physiology, fluid intake, exertion, and who knows what else.  Today I did 80 minutes of cardio, split between the elliptical and the treadmill, and here's what my shirt looked like.  
Before:

And after:

Yes, it's a G.I.Joe t-shirt.  No, I didn't wipe my face on my shirt or spill my water down it.  This is all my hard-earned sweat.  So, when I say that I smell like a goat after working out, I'm not exaggerating.  Of course, I don't know exactly what a goat smells like, but I think it's safe to assume it's something like the way my shirt smells.

This visual also drives home the importance of staying hydrated when exercising.  My weight was down to 143lb, 14oz on the scale at the gym, and this was after I'd had breakfast and a good quantity of fluids before exercising.  It was all from loss of fluids while exercising - both through sweating and breathing - and I really don't consider it "weight loss" in any real way.  My body needs those liquids to keep running and to stay healthy.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 4oz sweet potato
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% plain Chobani Greek Yogurt with cinnamon, vanilla, and Splenda added (YUM!)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise:
  • Time:  80 minutes (60 minutes on elliptical, 20 minutes on treadmill)
  • Calories:  850+
  • Distance:  7 miles (elliptical) 1 mile (treadmill)

Weigh-In:  146.0 / 145.8 (digestion continues!)

No comments:

Post a Comment