Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 - Week 17 In Review

I am such a creature of habit and love it when my week follows its routine.  This doesn't always happen, so I'm appreciative when it does.  Yes, the routine can easily feel like a grind; however, as Donnie says, "Rise and Grind!"  (How can I resist an opportunity to reference my favorite New Kid?)  Here's the breakdown of my week, though I must admit I don't have very much to say other than that the grind continues.

Exercise:  I got 5 of my 6 days of exercise in this week but was able to reach my total fitness goals even with the limited days.  With my 4 days of cardio and 1 day of strength training, I burned about 3600 calories.  I enjoyed raising the ante by pushing the elliptical to level 5 this week.  I also was happy to spice things up on Thursday with the stairmill.  For the upcoming week, again, I'll get 4 days of cardio in.  I'll hopefully get a 5th one in there, but will extend my other workouts to compensate just in case.  I'm at work until 8 or 9 Tuesday through Thursday, but may fit in a late night workout on Wednesday when my husband has a session with the trainer.

Food:  I'm continuing with the new meal plan, and it doesn't really feel "new" to me anymore.  I feel good with how I'm eating and this is an approach that I'm able to sustain.  I'm glad I was able to step up to the challenge and eat clean yesterday, despite all the logistical hurdles.  Following the appointment with the nutritionist on Thursday, I don't think there are going to be any real changes to my eating.  I'll take the information and the knowledge that I gained from that meeting and use that in the future.  More than anything, I'll keep aware for any signs that the approach I'm taking right now may be problematic - changes in creatinine levels or cholesterol, slowed weight loss or other signs of a slowed metabolism.  I stay on top of my health and will monitor these things with my primary care physician.

For the upcoming week, it looks like business as usual.  I do need to make a trip to the grocery store so that I can re-stock on coconut oil, chicken, and egg whites.  If I find the elusive honey Chobani Greek yogurt, you can be sure I'll be buying it!  Otherwise, I'll get the plain or vanilla so I can add cinnamon and Splenda to it for a yummy late night treat.

Overall:  This was another good week for me.  (I hope I'm not jinxing it!)  When my trainer's wife saw me at the gym today, she was happy to hear that the meal plan was working well for me.  (She also okay-ed my cheat tonight, not that I was waiting for someone to give me permission.)  While we were talking, she said I was looking more trim through the torso.  I'm happy with my health and I'm happy with how I'm living my life.  If this is a "side effect" of my efforts, I'll take it!

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2: 
    • 2% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 3: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Peppers and onion
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • CHEAT
    • 2 Brownies (the ones I made last weekend for when in-laws were over for dinner)
Exercise:
  • Time:  1 hour total body workout with trainer
  • Calories: 425+
  • Average HR:  110
  • Max HR:  161

Weigh-In:  146.4 / 145.8

No comments:

Post a Comment