Monday, June 13, 2011

2011 - Week 23 In Review

My week in review is a little late, as I was over at friends' yesterday enjoying a cookout.   We got home a little late and I headed straight to bed. In addition to playing some Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) and not totally sucking, I managed to keep it mostly clean - go me!  I think it was a good wrap-up to a generally positive week.  Here's what was going on:

Exercise:  4 days of cardio and a day with the trainer.  I could have gotten a 5th day of cardio in there on Friday, but I chose to take the day off and spend that evening with my husband on the couch.  It was an intentional choice on my part - he got home from work early and it felt like we hadn't seen each other in ages.  All in all, a good choice and one I needed to make.  With the 5 days of exercising, my watch says I burned approximately 3300 calories.  Not bad, given that I aim for about 3600 if I get 6 workouts in there.  

This week, I'll probably get 4 cardio in again.  A friend is unexpectedly in town, so I'll definitely opt for time with her over time on the elliptical.  But I'll still try to make time for the cardio in there as well.  I'm happy that I got today's workout in there, as there was a definite temptation to blow it off.  I ran errands all afternoon and spent most of the evening talking on the phone or puttering around.  Eventually, after 8pm, I got my act together and made my way to the elliptical.  I can use that as a reminder when I get pulled off-task later this week.

Food: I was clean all through the week, until Sunday evening.  Even then I was mostly clean (see below).  Friends invited us over to cookout and they normally come over to our place.   I wanted to go over there so it wouldn't seem like we couldn't go anywhere and food always had to be at our place - I'm not THAT controlling or rigid!  They're fully aware of my efforts (and do tease me about them sometimes).  They're also trying to eat healthier themselves.  All in all, it's more likely to be a healthier situation.  I brought my own rice and veggies, just in case, but didn't really need them.  I also brought dessert (the last of the evil cookies from last week).

This week will be a mixed bag.  We've got family over for Father's Day, so I'm hoping to do a mostly-clean meal like we did with friends yesterday.  With my friend being in town, there's a chance we'll be together for a meal or something.  I'll pack what I can and make the best choices I can with what's available.  The most important thing here is seeing my friend - what I eat is secondary.  If it's clean, that's great; if it's not on-plan, I'll accommodate the choice elsewhere.  I made a bunch of cookies today (3 batches) for Father's Day and managed to not taste a bite.  Everything is bagged and boxed away, so I don't even have the temptation of having it out in front of me.  There's one more batch of cookies I was planning to make and they're not a favorite of mine so the temptation to taste won't be too strong.  I just remind myself that I can have some on Sunday, when everyone's over for Father's Day.

Overall:  Happy and comfortable would describe this week.  I had good cardio sessions.  I made good food choices.  I had balance in my life, making time for hubby and making allowances for desserts.  I got enough sleep, though I could always go for more.  I didn't stress about things being undone around the house (like laundry waiting to be put away).  I made time for some fun stuff.  Not a thrilling, exciting, party of a week, but a good, reliable, satisfying week.

SUNDAY
Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites with salsa
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 3: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt (had tried to postpone this, given that I was eating at friends' for dinner, but got too hungry and realized it wasn't worth depriving myself in the moment)
  • Meal 4: 
    • Steak (didn't add any other fats because this was sufficient)
    • Green beans
    • Peppers and onions
    • Ear of corn
    • Brown rice with barley and radish seeds
    • 2 cookies
  • Meal 5: 
    • 8oz 0% plain Chobani Greek Yogurt with cinnamon, vanilla, and splenda
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    • Cadbury Creme Egg
Exercise: 
  • Time:  1 hour lifting with trainer 
  • Calories: Appx 350
Weigh-In: 148.0 / 147.6

MONDAY

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites with salsa
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 3: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise: 
  • Time: 62 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 4 for 60 minutes; Level 1 for 1 minute
  • Distance:  4.8 miles
  • Calories:  650+
  • Had a slightly slower pace but was able to sustain it.  Didn't get around to doing cardio until after 8pm, so glad that it actually got done.  It would have been VERY easy to bail on it.
Weigh-In:  149.0 / 147.9

No comments:

Post a Comment