Monday, June 20, 2011

Keep Back!

 Warning:  Today's entry may have a bit too much information for some people out there.  But I've gotta share....


It would be in everyone's best interest if no one stood directly behind me today.  After my 2nd meal of the day, I was hit with some pretty intense gas.  It was uncomfortable enough that I considered cutting short my cardio session because of the uncomfortable pressure getting exacerbated from the jostling on the elliptical.  Yes, it's got to be pretty bad for me to even think about cutting short my workout!  I must say that I was very appreciative of being able to workout at home where I didn't have to worry about having an impact on anyone else's exercise experience.  I managed to get through the workout and my discomfort did lessen over the course of the hour.  

Then, I entered the potentially dangerous zone - Massage Envy.  I  had my massage this evening and I was a little concerned that I may have an unintentional release.  Given that I've got appointments scheduled with this one masseuse (Joey) through September, I didn't want to damage our rapport. by creating a toxic environment.  Fortunately, it all worked out okay, but I wonder if it left me a little more tense given the occasional preventative measures I needed to take.  And I'm sure I was mentally distracted but I did still enjoy the massage.  

For the rest of the evening, my stomach has been making some "percolating" sounds as I work through these gassy issues.  It's times like these that I'm glad my husband is out of the house on Monday evenings.  I once said that I could be considered a natural resource given all the gas I produce.  Though I should note that the leading source of methane gas in the environment does NOT come from me, but rather from cows - and it's their burps that do the most damage, not their toots.

My husband and I sometimes joke that we're trying to fly;  after all, if you want a pig to fly you just feed it a lot of beans!  But I haven't been eating any beans, so where did all this come from?  It may be a reaction to all my cheating desserts last night.  I didn't have dramatically more veggies with my lunch today, but perhaps that was it.  I do want to keep track of my digestive well-being and see if there's anything I can do to help take care of it.  I generally do better with cooked veggies (learning that through my whole kidney experience and the huge salads I was eating).  Sometimes having more Splenda in my diet has been connected with some extra gas, but that's generally when I've had A LOT of Splenda mixed in there.  I'm hoping to get most of this out of my system before I have to go into work tomorrow afternoon.  But that's one of the reasons why I have candles and a fan in my office.  (I'm not the only one who has these issues sometime!)

From Wikipedia (I just couldn't resist):

Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So we have beans at every meal!
 
Beans, beans, they're good for your heart
The more you eat them, the more you fart
The more you fart, the better you feel
So let's eat beans with every meal

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans 
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 3: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt 
    • (Forgot to add in the coconut oil)
  • Meal 4:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 5 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1tbs coconut oil
 Exercise: 
  • Time:  1 hour on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 4 for 58 minutes; Level 1 for 1 minute
  • Average speed:  5.2 mph
  • Distance:  5.2 miles
  • Calories:  750
Weigh-In: 149.0 / 148.3

No comments:

Post a Comment