Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Just LIfe

Not much to say today.  Things are going okay, so there's no complaints here.  I had a productive day, kept it clean, and felt good about life in general.  I brought some of my cookies into work and got rave reviews from people.  One person didn't believe that the chocolate spritzes were homemade, they were so professional looking and yummy.  Two other people insisted on the recipe for the snickerdoodle blondies.  And even with all this praise, I still haven't succumbed to the cookie pressures and had any for myself - I'm saving them for Sunday dessert.  Even with all this good stuff, I'm feeling a little "meh" right now.  I'm a little tired, which accounts for part of it.  I'm also concerned for a friend of mine, which has an impact on my mood.  I'm getting a bit distracted with thinking about plans for the weekend and the preparation I'll need to do for Sunday's Father's Day cookout.  And somewhere in there I have to get the house tidied up.

So, when it comes down it it, it's okay to not feel fabulous all the time.  It's okay to get distracted sometimes.  It's okay to not feel up yet not feel down.  That's just how life goes some times.  It just is.

And here's my horoscope for today:  "Some bittersweet episodes from your past are on your mind today. You're in a very reflective phase right now, and if you encounter reminders of what you've been through, you don't have to apologize for feeling a touch of melancholy. This may sound odd, but if a blue mood hits you today, don't try to cheer yourself up. You certainly shouldn't wallow in misery -- but do let yourself feel your feelings, and don't try to hide them."

Talk about irony!

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 30g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 2:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
  • Meal 3: 
    • 2% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
  • Meal 4: 
    • 3 oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1/2c cooked rice
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Meal 5: 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
Exercise: None (planned)
Weigh-In:  147.0 / 146.7

No comments:

Post a Comment