Thursday, June 23, 2011

Feeling Disjointed

I'm a creature of habit. I like my routine and I like predictability. I do try to be flexible but changes to my schedule can really throw me for a loop. Today I had an early morning appointment with the dentist so I had to get up earlier than usual. No big deal. I got dressed in my workout clothes and rolled out the door. I was back at home by 10am and ready to get on my day. I didn't have to be at work until 2pm so my plan was to get cardio in before work. Okay, good plan with enough time to take a nap first. I set my alarm clock for 11:45 figuring that gives me enough time and fall asleep. Then....

I wake up at 11:56 with no alarm. Genius that I am, I had set the alarm for 10:45! Argh!!! I jump on the elliptical and manage to get the full hour in, though I was definitely keeping my eye on the clock the entire time. Phew! I got that done and felt like I worked through the discombobulated feelings. Then....

I got a call from my client's husband canceling the 2pm appointment. That was welcome news in that I didn't need to rush, but it also threw me off the mental time-table I'd been working from. I used the extra time to do some puttering around the house and I still managed to get into work in time for my 4pm appointment. However....

Getting into the office later in the day just feels weird. I was there until 9pm and I felt like I wasn't even really at work, though it wasn't like a day off either. So just a weird-feeling day all around. Now....

Tomorrow also has the potential for being a day of discombobulation. (I do love that word.) I have changed my schedule around during the work-day. Okay, I can deal with that. Then I got invited to a ballgame tomorrow night, so I'm looking to see if I can squeeze in a cardio session in between. And I'll be trying to figure out eating clean while there. (Saving cheat meal for Saturday's trip to the ballpark.) Now....

Despite all my pointing out disorienting and unsettling schedule shifts, I'm not complaining and I'm okay with each of these events. I do try to make the most of whatever situation ends up on my plate. I had a great conversation with someone about the ability to see the benefits or positive elements in a given situation rather than being stopped by the risks or perceived negative drawbacks. So....

I may feel a little off and goofy for a day or two but there's the opportunity to "reset" over the weekend. Another bonus? I have all clean workout clothes because I was able to throw on a load of laundry with my bonus time today.

SCORE!

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2:
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt 
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 3:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 4:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 5 
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1tbs coconut oil
 Exercise: 
  • Time:  60 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 4 for 58 minutes; Level 1 for 1 minute
  • Distance:  5+ miles
  • Speed: Fluctuated between 4.8 and 5.2
  • Max HR:  166
  • Avg HR:  153
  • Calories:  725+
 
 Weigh-In: 147.5 / 147.3

No comments:

Post a Comment