Thursday, June 2, 2011

Being A Kid

Today I've eaten like a complete little kid.  Breakfast: cookies and raw cookie dough.  Lunch: venti latte at Starbucks (at least it was a skinny latte).  Snack: oatmeal cream pies, moon pie, animal crackers.  Dinner: cheeseburger, fries, chocolate milkshake.

My husband asked why we're going out to eat again (second time this week).  Because I don't feel like cooking dinner for him tonight, I'm tired, and I'm mentally on a cheat until Saturday.  He wasn't complaining, but before this week he had a hard time remembering the last time the two of us had gone out for a meal alone.  That's another reason for it - I wanted us to have some nice "couples time" together.

Over dinner, we talked about taking things to extremes and being hardcore.  He described a lot of my eating and exercise as being hardcore when compared to the general population, although I could always take it further.  I'm okay with that, but I want to know where I'm taking it and I want to know that I'll actually get there.  Right now, I figure I'm taking a break through tomorrow night with the concert.  I'll be back on plan as of Saturday morning (egg whites already on-hand).  Then I want to stick with this plan for June and early July.  Family is visiting from overseas during the 4th of July weekend, so I want to enjoy that.  Then we're going to Vegas and I know I'll be off plan then.  But I want to be in a good place when we leave for Vegas.  I think a month of eating clean and exercising will do that for me, both physically and mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment