Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deciding To Keep It Clean

I'm really proud of my husband for keeping it clean today.  I would have planned for a cheat meal today, since we were at the ballpark tonight, but he had already used up his cheat meals for the week.  I was content to keep it clean, since I'm not wild about the food available at the stadium (aside from funnel cake, which I'll be having on July 5th when we're back there with my cousins).  I don't think he's ever sat through a full baseball game without having a beer, but he did it this evening.  I'll admit that I was totally expecting him to have his beer, but he made the decision to keep it clean.
 
The big experience to take from this is that planning is key.  This evening he stated that he would try to better plan his cheats in the future because he really would have enjoyed that beer tonight.   There are often unexpected events that arise which can throw a wrench in the best-laid plans, but if you can manage the events you know are coming up and perhaps err on the side of caution, I think most situations can be worked through.  And even if there ends up being a deviation from plan, you just make the decision to get back on plan at the next possible opportunity.

I know I said that I wouldn't be posting about his efforts to eat clean, and I'm not going to get into the details of who's eating what, etc.  I'm also not going to analyze his choices.  But I do want to share my pride here.  I know that keeping it clean can be a real challenge, especially when the person next to you is chowing down on a hot dog and there's a beer just a few feet away from you.  It is possible to make those tough choices, and having someone making them with you can be a great motivator and support!  (Which is partially why my funnel cake is waiting until the 5th....)

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2:
    • 2% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt 
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 3:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 4:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Peppers and onions
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 5 (I remembered!)
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt
    • 1tbs coconut oil
 Exercise: (I decided to "keep it light" since this was my 5th day of cardio this week)
  • Time:  60 minutes on elliptical
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 3 for 45 minutes; Level 1 for 14 minutes
  • Calories: 650+
 Weigh-In: 146.0 / 145.4

No comments:

Post a Comment