Friday, June 24, 2011

It Burns!

Sure, cardio and strength training can result in the ever-famous "burning" muscles, but I'm referring to heartburn. Ugh! I don't know if it's because I waited too long to eat meals 2 and 3 today and then ate them pretty close together. I sucked down the yogurt at 5:30 and then shoveled the salad at 6:45 as I was driving to the gym. I'm guessing that had something to do with it. I then had meal 4 right when I got home from the gym, even before I showered, because hubby was starving. So now I sit here with an unhappy stomach, bummed because we're out of Tums. (Wait, I just found 3!)

The hassle is that I can't always anticipate what's going to set off this lovely indigestion. Given that I generally eat the same things everyday, I think it's safe to say that it's not the food itself. Instead, it's probably the timing and spacing of the meals along with how quickly I eat them. And I know that I eat fast, really fast, which most likely is the trigger. If my stomach is empty and I dump a protein-rich meal in there, it's going to be a challenge for my stomach to digest it.

I guess it's a reminder as to why it's important to keep an eye on the clock and work to space out my meals. Lesson learned.

Food Log:
  • Meal 1: 
    • 3 egg whites
    • 50g dry cream of rice (cooked in water)
  • Meal 2:
    • 0% flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt 
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 3:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Salad
    • 1tbs coconut oil (ate it straight because forgot to melt it - not bad but not a first choice)
  • Meal 4:
    • 3oz chicken
    • Green beans
    • 1tbs coconut oil
  • Meal 5 - EDIT:  WHOOPS!  Forgot to eat this one!  Went up to bed early and I guess it totally slipped my mind.  (No wonder I was hungry in the middle of the night....)
     Exercise: 
    • Time:  75 minutes (60 minutes on stairmill, 15 minutes on elliptical)
    • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute; Level 4 for 58 minutes; Level 1 for 1 minute
    • Calories:  775+
     Weigh-In: 147.0 / 146.6

    No comments:

    Post a Comment