Saturday, January 22, 2011

2011 - Week 3 In Review

Three weeks into 2011 and I continue to stay on track with everything.  There have been some challenges, but I'm still feeling positive about everything.  I haven't been feeling denied or deprived, but I'm also not super pumped up.  More, there's an overall sense of routine and each choice is just another piece in the plan.  I'm starting to see more results, like a bit more definition around my stomach (less of a "pooch" and shadow of a line on either side, but no 6-pack in the near future).  I'm continuing to feel more comfortable in my clothes, and even bought a size 2 skirt earlier this week!  (Not that sizes mean anything, but it does reflect a change.)  Here's my take on the week:
  • Weight
    • Starting Weight: 153.8
    • Last Week's Weight: 145.1
    • Today's Weight:  144.6
    • Weight Loss (This Week):  0.5
    • Weight Loss (Total 2011):  9.2
    • Review:  The scale pretty much hovered in the 145 range all week going up and down, so I could tell it wasn't going to be a dramatic loss.  PMS may be to "blame" for some of this, but I'm not sure.  Another factor may be that I'm not eating enough, so my body's holding onto every ounce of weight it can.  Some weeks are slower than others, but the important piece to consider is that the overall trend is in the desired direction.
    • Prediction:  There might be a bit more of a drop over the next week, if PMS is partially to blame for the slower loss this week.  I don't expect dramatic numbers, but perhaps something in the 1-pound range.  Tonight's cheat meal will bump my weight up tomorrow, so the first half of the week (at least) will probably be returning to where I was at this morning.
  • Exercise
    • Days of Exercise: 6
    • The one day off was a planned skip.
    • Stayed on target with calories burned.
    • Review: I got my workouts in, but I felt a little slow and sluggish with them.  The strength training on Sunday was much more challenging than it should have been.  I didn't do any "super" workouts of extraordinary length.  It was all typical, and that's okay.  Sometimes it's more about jumping through the hoops.  I got it all done, and that's what counts.
    • Prediction: Looking at my schedule for next week, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to get my 6 workouts in.  I have two mornings where I have appointments, but one of those has a completely clear afternoon and the other will be my planned day off.  I'm hoping to have more energy than I did this past week.
  • Eating
    • Days of Clean Eating:  6
    • Review:  I'm happy with how I handled myself this week.  I was at serious risk for emotional eating on Friday, but didn't give into it and stayed on-track.  Another success:  I baked cookies and brownies as part of my father-in-law's birthday present and was able to not indulge in any of it!  I portioned out his treats, set some aside for my husband to have over the next week, and froze the rest for a party we're hosting in February.  There was a temptation to taste a little bit, but I reminded myself that I'd enjoy my cheat dinner even more if I stayed with my plan the rest of the day.  I've also changed from "breakfast," "dinner," and "snacks" to just "meals" because there's not much of a distinction for my meals.
    • Prediction:  I've got another cheat meal planned for next Saturday - dinner out with friends.  As with this week, I anticipate being able to stay on-plan with everything else and I'll do my best to plan out that meal as well.  I've been thinking of how to work in that other meal and am considering incorporating 2oz of chicken with the veggies.  I might break the veggies into a smaller serving so that there's room for them.  (My "serving" of veggies can be 12oz!)
  • Overall
    • I'd say this week was pretty good.  It wasn't remarkable.  I didn't do anything incredible, but I didn't have to.  Sometimes just doing the everyday things is impressive enough.  I planned in advance for meals and for exercise and I followed through on these plans.  I tried to take care of myself and I sought out supports to help with this.  I do want to focus more on the self-care aspect of things, so I can continue to encourage this commitment to health and fitness.  "Where there is no struggle there is no strength." - Oprah Winfrey 
Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 4 egg whites and 2 eggs with Mrs Dash and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
  • Meal 2
    • Protein Shake
  • Meal 3 
    • Mixed garden green salad tossed with a champagne vinaigrette dressing
    • Hangar steak with spinach (had them hold the whipped potatoes and gave the crispy onions to my husband)
    • Nutella creme brulee (which I shared with Grandpa, though I ate 3/4 of it and loved every bite - DELICIOUS!!!)
  • Meal 4
    • Protein Shake (opted out of typical peanut butter because I had more fat earlier in the day)
Exercise:
  • Time:  70 minutes (with jumping off twice to switch laundry)
  • Level:   3
  • Calories: 650+
  • Distance: 5 miles
Today's Weigh-In: 144.6

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! I had to up my calories as well, and it seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete