Saturday, January 29, 2011

2011 - Week 4 In Review

Twenty-eight into 2011 and I feel like I've got my groove back.  That's almost 8% of the year under my belt, which is a little disturbing when I think about it.  Where is 2011 going?  So far, I'd say it's going in a pretty good direction.  My schedule was a bit thrown with the weather, having 2 snow days, but I didn't allow that to take me off track.  Here's my take on the week:
  • Weight
    • Starting Weight: 153.8
    • Last Week's Weight: 144.6
    • Today's Weight: 143.8
    • Weight Loss (This Week): 0.8
    • Weight Loss (Total 2011): 10.0
    • Review:  No real shocks or surprises with my weight this week.  It's continuing to head down at a gradual pace, and that's the best way to do it.  I'm re-establishing behaviors and food choices that I can maintain on a long-term basis and the scale reflects that.
    • Prediction: I'd like to see the scale break 143 this week, keeping with the trend from the last few weeks, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high for it.  As I'll describe below, I may not be able to get as much exercise in over the next week which would then have an impact on the larger picture.
  • Exercise
    • Days of Exercise: 6
    • The one day off was a planned skip.
    • Stayed on target with calories burned.
    • Review: Weight-lifting felt really good last Sunday.  I enjoyed my cardio, but was sorely tempted to skip a day here and there.  I'm glad I was able to get my late-night cardio on Tuesday evening.  Also, it was a good decision to exercise on Thursday (my planned off day) because I really didn't feel like getting on the elliptical Friday evening.
    • Prediction: This next week is going to be tough, but I'll see what all I can pull together.  I have three days in a row that start earlier in the morning (10am) and run until late at night (8pm, 9pm, and 10pm).  I'll plan to take Thursday off, as it's the last of those three days and the longest.  If I take off another one of those days, I'll compensate for it by extending some of my other cardio days.
  • Eating
    • Days of Clean Eating: 7
    • Review: Given the snow days and extra time around the house this week, I'm proud of myself for staying on-plan all week.  A motivator for this was a cheat meal planned for this evening, but our plans got canceled so I decided to stick with eating clean.  During the week, I baked a batch of cookies as a thank you for our neighbor who shoveled our walk - and I didn't eat any of it, not even a nibblet of dough!  I also baked a devil's food cake for a co-worker's last day at the office.  There was the cake with strawberry filling and homemade chocolate icing.  Again, no sampling while I prepared and assembled it.  I even turned down a slice while at work.  The cake got RAVE reviews, but I wasn't tempted because I had anticipated a dessert tonight.  But I'm not down about missing on the cheat (though I really would have liked to see my friends!).  Instead, I'm "saving" the cheat for next weekend when we'll be celebrating a friend's birthday.  The opportunity for a cheat always comes up.
    • Prediction: Next Saturday will probably be a cheat dinner, celebrating a friend's birthday.  Other than that, I don't see why meals wouldn't go according to plan.  I do have 3 very busy days at work (thanks to this past week's snow), so I want to make sure there's time in there for my meals.  When I'm busy, I'm less likely to graze but I'm also less likely to eat regularly.  When that happens, I can suddenly find myself ravenous and cranky - which is when I'm more likely to say "screw it" and eat whatever is in front of me.
  • Overall
    • I'm pretty happy with how things have been going.  It's nice to see continuing progress without getting too stressed about it.  I think that having the protein shakes before bed has helped me sleep better.  It's not uncommon for me to wake-up during the night to use the bathroom (a gallon a day will do that to you), but there were times when I just couldn't fall back asleep.  Having something to drink would generally help, which I think was an indicator that my stomach needed something in it.  The protein shakes before bed are also doing the trick, and they help round-out my food for the day.
Food Log:
  • Meal 1
    • 4 egg whites and 2 eggs with salsa
  • Meal 2
    • 2oz chicken
  • Meal 3 
    • 4oz chicken
    • Asparagus
    • Tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Meal 4
    •  Protein Shake
Exercise:
  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Level:  Level 1 for 1 minute, Level 4 for 58 minutes, Level 1 for 1 minute
  • Calories: 650+
  • Distance: Just over 5 miles
Today's Weigh-In: 143.8

No comments:

Post a Comment