Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 - January In Review


The first month of the year is behind me, and I think I've handled the new year pretty well to date.  Looking back at January 1st and the goals I outlined for myself, I'd have to say that I'm on track and continuing in the desired direction.  Fitness and nutrition have been daily priorities for me this month.  I've been intentional when making my choices and have planned in advance as much as possible.
  • GOAL 1:  Be consistent with my exercise routine
    • I worked out with my trainer every week this month.   We've got some weekends coming up in the next few months when we won't be able to keep the Sunday session.  In those cases, I'll look to fit in a session during the week.
    • I've gotten my cardiovascular exercise in 5 times each week.  I must say that having this blog has really helped motivate me in this regard.  For example, I didn't get myself moving this morning, so I planned ahead to workout this evening.  I wound up coming home because I forgot my heart rate monitor and ear-buds - I CANNOT exercise without something to listen to!  So I came home, where I must admit I did have a slight temptation to just put my pjs on and veg on the couch.  But then I remembered that I had made the commitment to work through the scheduling challenges for the week.  If I got on the couch, I wouldn't even be trying!  So PLEASE hold me accountable and call me out if you think I'm slacking!
  • Goal 2:  Be consistent with my nutritional program
    • I've eaten "clean" at least 6 days a week.  I definitely enjoyed my cheat meal for my father-in-law's birthday.  I'm still drooling over the Nutella creme brulee!  There's some cheat meals coming up in February, but March is going to be a bigger challenge.  So it's important that I maintain my consistency with February, to keep setting the stage for success.
    • I think I've been pretty realistic about my expectations with eating.  I've managed some social situations where food has been a prominent piece.  I've focused on enjoying the other aspects of the event.  In February and March there are going to be a number of social situations where food is involved.  I'll plan in advance where I can and make the best choices with what's presented to me.  I remind myself that it's all about balance.
Here's a graphic representation of my weight over the past month.  It's not a smooth line, but life is never smooth.  However, it is trending in the desired direction and I'm happy with that.


And when you look at it in the context of a longer period of time:

Though it should be noted that this graph only includes my weigh-in from the first of each month.  If I were to add in further points of data, the overall trend would still be there but the lines may seem a bit smoother.  Any way you look at it though, I'm working my way back to where I was at the end of last summer and I'm better off than where I was at this time last year.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with the nephrologist.  I'm a little nervous about it all, but I'm more looking forward to getting the issue identified and resolved.

Food Log: 
  • Meal 1 
    • 4 egg whites and 2 eggs with salsa 
  • Meal 2
    • 2oz chicken
    • Green beans 
  • Meal 3
    • 4oz chicken
    • Asparagus 
  • Meal 4
    • Protein Shake
    • Tablespoon of peanut butter
Exercise: 
  • Time:  63 minutes
  • Level:  1 minute Level 1, 60 minutes, Level 4, 2 minutes Level 1
  • Calories:  650
    Today's Weigh-In: 144.0

    No comments:

    Post a Comment