Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inside My Pantry



I've given a tour of my fridge and freezer.  Today I'm giving a peek inside the pantry.  My tendency is to stock-up on non-perishables, because it's always useful to have things on-hand.  Growing up in the military, I got used to monthly trips to the commissary where my parents would stock-up on groceries.  We don't have the space for storing a lot of extra food, but I'm still inclined to buy multiples of items just to have it around in case I need it.

  • Top shelf, which isn't visible in this photo, is for storage.
    • Crock pot
    • Pizza stone
    • Extra salt
    • Freezer paper
    • Parchment paper
    • Wax paper
  • Shelf 2 is for baking supplies and chips
    • Flour
    • Whole wheat flour
    • Sugar
    • Brown sugar
    • Powdered sugar
    • Tortilla chips
    • Pretzels
    • Splenda
  • Shelf 3 used to be for breakfast foods but that's kind of transitioned lately
    • Protein powders
    • Shakers for mixing up protein shakes 
    • Non-dairy creamer (Used to use in teas but not using anymore)
    • Oatmeal
    • Rye bread
    • Crystal light
    • Gum
    • Hard candies
  • Shelf 4
    • Microwave meals (Healthy Choice for husband's lunch)
    • Marinades
    • Salad dressings
    • Chicken broth
    • Granola bars
    • Canned vegetables
    • Almonds (Mine are raw or smoked, husband's are chocolate roasted or cinnamon)
    • Hard candies
    • Hershey's Kisses (For husband's lunch or weekend treat)
  • Shelf 5
    • Loose leaf teas
    • Bagged teas
    • Cookies (Husband's snack with lunch or a dessert in the evening)
    • Coarse sea salt
    • Pre-made protein shakes
  • Shelf on top of drawers
    • Luna bars (Husband's breakfast during the week)
    • Granola bars
  • Drawer 1
    • Bagged teas (Yes, an entire drawer for my tea!)
  • Drawer 2
    • Peanut butter
    • Pasta sauce
    • Pastas
    • Rice
    • Couscous
    • Spray salad dressings
    • Raw wheat germ
    • Chicken broth
  • Drawer 3
    • Dry marinades
    • Coffee
    • Cocoa mix
    • Bread crumbs
    • Cornmeal
    • Honey
    • Agave nectar
    • Crackers
  • Drawer 4 (Primarily baking supplies)
    • Baking powder
    • Baking soda
    • Molasses
    • Shortening
    • Custard mix
    • Bouillon cubes
    • Pudding mixes
    • Corn syrup
    • Sesame oil
    • Chocolate chips and other chocolate
    • Marshmallows (leftover from a holiday recipe)
  • Floor
    • Sodas
    • Flavored waters
    • Vinegars
    • Fire extinguisher (Yes, I've actually had to use it before)
I love having baking supplies on hand as I never know when the urge to bake might strike!  Over the holidays, I did make an effort to work through some of the random ingredients that I'd collected over time.  There are still some things that I'm going to try to find recipes for (raw wheat germ for example).

Food Log:

  • Meal 1 
    • 2 egg whites and 2 eggs with salsa (28g)
  • Meal 2
    • Green beans
  • Meal 3
    • Asparagus
    • 20g almonds (4.25g) 
  • Meal 4
    • 4oz chicken (24g)
    • Green beans
  • Meal 5
    • Protein shake (25g)
Total Protein: 81.25
I'm in the process of re-working my meal plan with my trainer.  Until we get something formal in place, I'm just cutting back on protein during the day and increasing the veggies to compensate.  One of my main concerns is that I don't want to get hungry or feel deprived.  At times like that, I'm more likely to make impulsive choices and to overeat. 
    Exercise: None (planned)
      Today's Weigh-In: 143.4

      No comments:

      Post a Comment